Fedora 9 and Security

There are several things about Fedora 9 that bug me.

First, SELinux is configured, with no ability to opt-out, as was the
case in Fedora 8. Second, the "automatic login for a designated user"
has been removed.

Both of these are clearly security-related, but where is it written
that Fedora needs to force us to "be good". Strikes me that the folks
who do these things need to ask what the users want. Or was I asleep
when the discussion raged on the list?

Third, not security related but emblemantic of the same mindset, I
suspect, is the introduction, again by default with no opt-out, of
UUIDs. I understand that this is thought to be a Good Idea (tm) for
those users who use bleeding-edge software on their multi-system
networks, but for the rest of us, its just a pain, and makes life more
complicated for those of us that administer our own laptops.

Now I feel better.

Geoffrey Leach