Re: slow (s-l-o-w) install

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:14:24 +0100
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Don't you have to deduct the amount of RAM used by the onboard graphics
> engine? You won't get the whole 4096 MB unless you switch off the 3100
> onbaord graphics subsystem in BIOS and use a different graphics card.

That is an excellent point that I had not considered.  Thanks!

Perhaps the "a bit over 3gb" is all I get for usable ram due to the onboard
video.  I have no idea how much that takes up -- there is a setting in the bios
for it and I just set it to use the maximum because I have a 22" wide-screen
monitor and figured it could use all it can get.

Great thought.