Re: slow (s-l-o-w) install

> Now I'm trying to install F8/x86_64 on it, and the installer is running
> amazingly slowly.  It took about ten minutes before the initial graphical

Probably wrong memory caching in the BIOS. That's a common cause of those
symptoms. If so boot with mem=2G or be patient and once you've got it
installed take a look at /proc/mtrr and that will show which memory the
system marked as cached. If its wrong then you can tweak the settings
and/or beat up the BIOS vendor