Peter Boy wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 06.01.2008, 12:49 -0600 schrieb Les Mikesell:
If their courses continue to diverge in ways like the Sun jvm inclusion in RHEL, jpackage breakage in fedora
Again, there is NO jpackage breakage in Fedora, and the way RHEL and
Fedora integrate Java is just the same (as is the same in SuSE/SLES).
I wish you'd accompany your claims with links to the appropriate
sources.  I can find instructions to configure earlier versions of
fedora to use the large assortment of packages in the jpackage
repository.  I see a limited subset of those packages listed as
available in the fedora repos, notably missing java-sun-compat. If I
were to install f7/f8, how would I get access to the full set of things
 available to other versions/distos from the jpackage repostory?
And as for RHEL being the same, what is the fedora equivalent of
'up2date install' that would get
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHEA-2007-0582.html and would have
automatically updated to
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2007-0963.html when it was available?
Links/examples, please - or stop claiming that they are the same.

--
  Les Mikesell