Re: How can you get a Seagate USB 160 GB drive to mount?

Tim wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-10 at 21:56 -0700, Richard England wrote:
The drive had a label of "SEAGATE". I changed it, just to be certain,
to "USB_SEAGATE" and remove the /etc/fstab entry for /dev/sdc1.
Setting /etc/mtools.conf  and using mlabel as Tim and Matthew
suggested, worked fine.

Upon unplugging and replugging, however,I had the same results. No desktop icon, no mount.

How are your "removable drives and media" preferences set?  That's its
title in Gnome, KDE will probably have something similar.  I can't
remember whether you use one of them.

I am using Gnome:

Removable Drive and Media Preferences are set to allow the following for
"Removable Storage"
 Mount removable drives when hot-plugged
 Mount removable media when inserted
 Browse removable media when inserted