Re: FC 6 Install is stalled

Stan Dereska wrote:
Sir,
After buying a SAM's book and CD from a Microcenter a few days ago, I tried to follow the installation procedure using a CD but my PC failed to recognize an OS (I've erased the hard drive which had Win XP). The book describes an install procedure using a CD from a program called "kickstart" that causes my machine to recognize the CD, I believe. How do I boot up to install FC 6 ? Where can I download kickstart ?
I'm new to Unix and Linux .  Thanx for your assistance.
Regards,  Stan Dereska   a k a sdereska@xxxxxxxxxxx

The installation media usually boots into an installer which will allow setting up the hard drive for default settings and allow minor customization of packages and groups of programs.

I've been using Linux for awhile and have not yet tried out kickstart. Kickstart s for automation of the install process for making many similar installations without sitting dwn and monitoring the installation on a step by step basis.

If your install medium does not brig up an installer, it would probably be wiser to download the installation medioum and burn them and then installing from the CDs or DVD that you downloaded the images from.

Jim

--
How come financial advisors never seem to be as wealthy as they
claim they'll make you?.