FC 6 Install is stalled

Sir,
After buying a SAM's book and CD from a Microcenter a few days ago, I tried to follow the installation procedure using a CD but my PC failed to recognize an OS (I've erased the hard drive which had Win XP). The book describes an install procedure using a CD from a program called "kickstart" that causes my machine to recognize the CD, I believe. How do I boot up to install FC 6 ? Where can I download kickstart ?
I'm new to Unix and Linux .  Thanx for your assistance.
Regards,  Stan Dereska   a k a sdereska@xxxxxxxxxxx