Re: Burning / rights problems

2007/6/11, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I'm still using FC6, myself, ond on FC6 at least all the device aliases are
simply symlinks, and the real device (in my case /dev/hdc) is owned by the
desktop user.  So if F7 works the same way, I'd expect that /dev/sg* would
be owned by the desktop user, but perhaps F7's Fast User Switching does it
differently?

The links are owned by root with FC7. And created dynamically on (re) boot.
So changing permissions only works until the next reboot.

Using /etc/rc.local is a good workaround.
Adding "chmod o+r+w /dev/sg*" does the trick.

Regards,
Patrick Moelands