Re: two questions from a novice

First, I've had this problem with Firefox (under Fedora Core 6) for a few weeks, and it is annoying. I am unable to find a fix on my own, so I'll ask here: I upgraded to the most recent 1.5.x release, and after a few uses, the next time I start the browser, I get a dialog stating "! Error launching browser window: no XBL binding for browser" -- click OK and it shuts down.

Second, I'm one of those unlucky few who doesn't have a DVD burner, so after downloading Fedora 7, I am unable to install it. I have a single hard drive and a dual boot configuration with Win XP and Fedora Core 6. I have a copy of the iso on both NTFS and Ext3. When I boot to the installer, it gives me the option of installing from the hard drive... but no matter where I put the iso under XP or FC6, I am unable to find it. The help file says to mount the iso using the following command: "su -c 'mount -o loop =t iso9660 <isofilename> <mountpoint>' provided that <mountpoint> physically exists. That works wonderfully... while I remain under FC 6, but when I boot to the installer, no such mount point can be found.

For those who say "why don't you install online?" I have managed to do that on a secondary computer. It only managed to take about 20 hours with constant interruptions because it couldn't read the FTP source due to internet interruptions or whatever, and I had to retry about every 20 minutes or so... once hitting <Enter> by accident instead of Alt-R... and the thing immediately rebooted, losing every bit of progress I had made up until then. So, I downloaded the iso once again to that computer, hoping that I could use the ftp option over my local network. However, due to SE settings or whatever, I am unable to ftp or even telnet back and forth to a computer sitting next to this one. Attempts to make it work with FTP, http, Samba, NFS, and anything else have failed due to my ignorance.

So... I have 3 copies of the F7 iso within inches of where I need to get to it in order to install/upgrade, but I can't for the life of me figure out what to do next. I refuse to use the "online" option again, as I don't want to pull out any more hair than I already have on an idiotic installer that doesn't even know how to handle an internet hiccup.

Any help would be graciously appreciated.