Re: googleearth shutdown X server

On 6/11/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday June 11 2007 10:32:07 am Steve Siegfried wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > On Monday June 11 2007 9:59:14 am antonio montagnani wrote:
> > > I would disinstall Nvidia driver and re-install it. I hade same issues
> > > with Googleearth and blender.
> >
> > Antonio: I'm not having any issues with googleearth and blender - that's
> > why I asked the question
>
> I had basically the same issues in FC5 (Nvidia driver, googleearth locks
> up X11). The funny thing was this started roughly a month _after_ I'd
> installed/upgraded what I thought was the stuff that might have mattered.
> Up to that point, everything worked just fine.

To reiterate; You're probably responding to other posts in this thread, but,
you replied to mine. I am NOT having any problems, either with glxgears
results (around 2800 FPS), Blender, or GoogleEarth. All seems to be well with
my system; I'm running a P4 2.8 GHz CPU w/1GB of ram, and a nVidia 6200 card
and the latest nVidia driver from freshrpms. The only issue I'm having is
when I use the nVidia X server setting configuration utility, and there, the
only issue seems to be when I query an informational button - the one that's
labeled "Open GL/GLX Information" - then, and only then, my screen goes black
and shortly after, returns me to the login screen. --- It sounds and seems
strange, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it

see: