Re: Checkbox for "Install Everything"

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Tim wrote:

Tim:
As it gets occasionally pointed out.  It never did install everything,
and can't.  It's unavoidable that some things don't go together.

Matthew Saltzman:
Yes, I know; you've taken my quote out of context.  I meant, make the
"complete install" button act as though the person had right-clicked on
each group and selected all optional packages.

No, it's in context.  It didn't install everything, and didn't behave as
if you'd ticked everything in sight in the selection GUI.

No, it's not. I was suggesting the latter as a possible reasonable behavior for such a button, irrespective of whatever behavior it exhibited in the past.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu