Re: Checkbox for "Install Everything"

jack wallen wrote:

> It started out being incredibly difficult (i started back with Linux
> around Red Hat 4.0). After a few years it became incredibly easy. Now it
> seems it's starting to become difficult again. It used to be simple: you
> start the installation, pick which packages you want, and do the
> install.  Now it seems this is becoming, with FC7, a different beast.
> Now you might have to download the iso's that contain the softwares you
> want. you want KDE, download the KDE iso. You want GNOME, download the
> GNOME iso.
>
> I just feel like this is going to send people running from fedora core
> over to Unbuntu or PCLinuxOS.

I guess I don't see the big issue with some folks running to Ubuntu or other
linux distros.  At least they are using Linux.

I tried using Ubuntu...but couldn't get used to the Debianism.  Besides,
Ubuntu is relatively new.  Let's see how it evolves over the years.  I get
the feeling it won't remain in its current form forever.