Re: mkinitrd not honoring lpfc options in modprobe.conf

I think I've found the answer to this one.

Point-to-point topology is not the default for the lpfc driver, therefore, the option must be specified in a driver config file or modprobe.conf if you are not connecting to a fabric.  And, if you want the file system on the array to mount at boot, you need the initrd image to correctly load the HBA driver so you can see the disk.  Problem is, the HBA driver loads before "/" is mounted so initrd can't get options from /etc/modprobe.conf (it's not there yet).  The system then fails to mount file systems on disk that initrd incorrectly loaded the HBA driver for.

Bottom line, I got the driver option into initrd by changing modprobe.conf and then rebuilding a new initrd image.

mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-`uname -r`.img `uname -r`

and reboot did the trick.

Thank you.

Tony