Re: mkinitrd not honoring lpfc options in modprobe.conf

On 5/6/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

> I encountered a similar problem with a module not being loaded. In my
> case it was the driver for my ISA sound card. It worked when FC6 was
> first installed. After an update the module no longer loads on boot or
> restart. The stated excuse is "FC6 no longer supports ISA interfaces".
> I found a fix given by some one on this list for a different sound
> problem; it worked for me:
>
> Append the following lines to /etc/rc.local
>
> modprobe -r lpfc
> modprobe lpfc

If you have to run modprobe -r before running modprobe, then the
module is being loaded. It probably is not initializing the hardware
properly the first time it is loaded, but it is being loaded.

No, the module is not being loaded. That is the problem. If the module
is not loaded adding "modprobe -r lpfc" to the script does not harm.
If the module is loaded the system will remove it and reload it. By
the way, this would be required if you are switching between run
levels.

Mikkel, if you want more information regarding this problem go to the
bug report referenced in my post regarding ISA sound module no longer
supported

Mikkel