Re: Cannot choose Beryl as the windows manager

On 07/05/07, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So?  What happened?  What led you to conclude that this laptop's video was
fully supported?

Now, I do see that one video option listed on Dell's web site, for your
laptop -- that's one out of four options -- is an Intel 950 chipset.

According to
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Intel?action=highlight&value=CategoryHardware,
this chipset appears to be supported by Mesa (by the i945 driver).  Although
you'd still need to verify if the version of Mesa shipped in Fedora includes
the i950 support, that's probably what happened.  Somebody had this laptop
with the i950 chipset option, and told you that they had working 3D
acceleration, but neglected to mention that you have to order this option.

It's what I try to call a 'learning experience' in hindsight :)

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/