Re: Cannot choose Beryl as the windows manager

Dotan Cohen kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 6.
toukokuuta 2007):

> A) In order to run Beryl and other 3D programs I must enable
> 3D on my Radeon X1400 graphics card. That means that I must
> choose a driver which can enable it. The possible drivers are:
> 1) Vesa. This is the standard Fedora driver, and has no 3D.
> 2) Mesa. Not sure if it has 3D or where it comes from.

Mesa isn't a driver, it's an OpenGL-compatible 3D-graphics
library.

> 3) Radeon. Also called FGLRX.

No, those are two different drivers. "radeon" is an open-source
driver that's included with Fedora, fglrx is a proprietary
driver available from ATI or third-party repositories.

> B) There are different graphics environments, call X servers:
> Xorg, XGL and X11.

X11 is the specification of the graphics environment, X.org and
XGL are implementations of the X11 specification.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka@xxxxxx