RE: Dual DNS entries (was no subject)

> Please explain what you mean by "didn't update the DNS
> appropriately". Are you talking about the machine you are on does
> not know how to resolve testa.abc.com and test1b.abc.com, or are you
> talking about other machines on the network?
>
> If you are talking about other machines on the network, you have to
> update the name server they are using. How, or even if you can do
> this depends on the way the nameserver is set up, and your access to
it.

> Mikkel
> --
>
>   Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!

Sorry, have to be more explicit... I am talking about other machines on
the same network getting a reply from a DNS server which resolves to the
correct IP(s).  The DNS server is assumed to allow remote
updates/notifications of static IPs that have been claimed (like the two
coming from my two NICs).

Let's put it this way: I can update the DNS by hand using nsupdate and
manually adding two entries... This works fine.  I want to know how
you're supposed to do it using FC4 commands/config files... or even _if_
there is a way to update a DNS based on two NICs on the same network
with different names.

I know it's technically possible, that's not my question... I just want
to know how you're "supposed" to do it in FC4.

- Gareth