Re: evolution + maildir

On 10/30/06, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 17:11 +0100, Michal Janda wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any chance how to use evolution and store mail at maildir,
> not mbox? I am downloading several mail list via pop3 and the mbox
> file is getting too big.
>
> Michal
I am not sure what you are asking. In evolution you can store mail from
each source in a different folder. So exactly what is your problem that
you are trying to fix.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

There are at least two different ways how to store mail. One is mbox and other is maildir. In brief:
mbox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbox) - all messages are in one huge file, so if you have at your mail klient Inbox, Work, Friends and Password folders, at disk you have for each one big file. This is how e.g. Thunderbird store mail.

maildir (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir) - each mail message is in a single file, so if you have the same mail layout as I described you have inbox folder and inside plenty of files, the same for Work, Friends, passwords etc.

If I remember well, in Pegasus mail when you create new mail account, You can choose which format for storing mail is used.
--
ICQ - 132536462
www.mountainbike.cz