Re: installed CPAN but application still doesn't work

> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:44:27 -0600
> From: Charles Curley <charlescurley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> .
. . .
> As I understand things, cpan breaks things on Fedora Core, and
> cpan2rpm is the preferred tool. However, first check to see if the
> perl modules you want are available in extras.

Charles, do you have specific examples of what cpan breaks?  I've used
it for a long time, and never even bothered to look for RPM packages.
I've yet to have a problem that I could not resolve.  Most times, as I
recall, CPAN fails because a Fedora file has an unusual name or isn't
where the build process is looking for it.

I don't have specifics at hand because things go wrong very rarely.

I'm curious, because it looks like cpan2rpm is tucked away in Extras,
but the Fedora package for Perl itself provides /usr/bin/cpan (including
POD) to invoke the CPAN shell for you.  I assumed that since Fedora
included this in its Perl package, that this was the preferred way.

Anyway your post surprised me, and I'd like to know more if you can
share details.   Erik