Re: Running kernel-smp and trying to remove kernel

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:47:00PM +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Oh, Matthew, I am an ignorant, that is true, but not that much! :-)

:)

> I know that 'yum remove kernel' will remove kernels, but I was not
> sure whether that procedure entails a complete removal, as I took,
> some time ago, the following note from this list:
> package-cleanup --oldkernels

"yum remove" gets all matches.

The cleanup bit above is only necessary because yum is configured to install
new kernels alongside previous ones instead of upgrading, leading to dozens
of installed kernels on old FC releases if you're not watching. Newer FC
has the "installonlyn" plugin enabled by default, which makes it so only n
(defaults to 2) versions of packages in the install-instead-of-upgrade list
are left on the system.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>