Re: Mail Server

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Mar 25 juillet 2006 14:08, Jay Lee a écrit :

It's the only (open source) mail server
for Linux I know of that is completely integrated

Which is one major reason it will probably never end up in Fedora.
Integration is good till you need something else which overlaps your app
perimeter and they both fight at integrating the system

Not really.  It won't end up in Fedora because the primary developer Sam Varshavchik, doesn't like dealing with anything other than source releases.  It also lost out to Dovecot when RedHat was moving away from UW-IMAP because Dovecot would support legacy mbox systems while Courier has always been Maildir only (not neccessarily a bad thing IMHO, sometimes a rip and replace migration is neccessary, but I understand RedHat's reasoning).  RPM is perfectly capable of dealing with overlapping apps which is why Fedora/RedHat already have 2 SMTP servers and 2 IMAP servers.

Still even without being in Core or Extras, once you've built the RPMS once or twice the process becomes extremly simple and easy to manage.

Jay
begin:vcard
fn:Jay Lee
n:Lee;Jay