Re: Mail Server

Vinayak Mahadevan wrote:
I would like to host a mail server for my company using FC 5. What are the
steps I have to follow to do this. If there is a manual for setting up an
email server please give me the link.
I'm going to go out on a limb and recommend a completely different approach. Take a look at the Courier Suite (http://www.courier-mta.org). It's the only (open source) mail server for Linux I know of that is completely integrated (SMTP Server, Delivery Agent, IMAP and POP3 all in one). It does not ship with Core or Extras and there are no binary packages but it's quite easy to build on any RPM distro like FC5. Getting things like LDAP or MySQL based auth (for all components, not just 1 or two) is quite simple and the speed and flexibility is excellent.

Jay
begin:vcard
fn:Jay Lee
n:Lee;Jay