Re: Open files from network on FC5

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 11:40 -0300, Anderson Alipio - Clicaí wrote:
> using Fedora 5 *
>
> I'm having a problem when I open files from network (system - remote
> places - workgroup - computer - share...) sorry if the words are not
> correct.  location bar looks like this:  smb://workgroup/
>
> I click on a computer and a share of it.
> smb://comp/share/
>
> I can see the workgroups and the computers, but when I try to open a file
> like .pdf or .doc, .xls, .... by clicking on it, the program ( eg.:
> openoffice) starts to open, but closes whith no erros and the file dosn't
> open.

I don't know why the application closes, but I find the smb://pc/share
addressing system will only let you open files with some applications,
most don't understand the scheme.  You'll have more luck if you mount
the share onto the local file system.  Nautilus doesn't act as a
go-between, providing access to the file to the application.

I read messages from the public lists.