Re: Torrent client suggestions

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On 6/29/06, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 18:58, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> $ man azureus
>> No manual entry for azureus
>>
>> $ dir /usr/share/doc/azureus-2.4.0.3
>> ChangeLog.txt  License.txt
>>
>> Doesn't throttling affect the bandwidth usage? My problem is system
>> resource usage, not bandwidth, infact Azerus is slower than the
>> bittorrent client by quite a bit.
>>
> There's always YMMV, but that is completely the opposite of my experience.
>
> Anne

I'll second those experiences myself, azureus wins easily.  start it,
forget it till its done.

--
Cheers, Gene

Well I put in Sun Java and things are _much_ better. Like night and day.

Is something wrong with gcj or what?

No idea Arther. When I asked right about java right after this install, I got pointed at the jpackage site and it worked just fine. So I've not tried the gcj version at all.

--
Cheers, Gene