Re: Spam Filter

From: "Todd Zullinger" <tmz@xxxxxxxxx>
jdow wrote:
I'm feeling slow today.

You're lucky if you don't feel slow everyday. :)

I can't see how the way the headers are applied Aaron would find
sending emails with a "reply" to you would cause a problem. A simple
reply should end up with the email going to the list, pretty much as
it should.

If there are multiple addresses in the Reply-to header, then a reply
will go to all of them, at least in many mail clients.  That's correct
and intended behavior, though it probably surprises a lot of folks
because there are more lists (in my experience) that either replace
the Reply-to header or leave it alone.

Here's a quote from Aaron's original mail outlining the issue, which
will hopefully clarify what his initial concern was that started this
tangent.

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:28 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote: I might as well get this off my chest there is one member of this
   list that sends me responses to my list messages at my actual
   address as the primary address but does not allow his e-mail
   address to accept mail.

OK so the scenario I proposed does explain what is happening. I'd
more or less missed that first email. I vaguely remember seeing it
but simply scanning it rather than studying it.

{^_^}