Question, about drive assignment when boot drive is sata

I have a friend who's had drive failures out the yang over the last week, and is involved in trying to install FC5 on his main server which has several other drives in it.

The boot drive, and the one he's installing FC5 to, is on a Promise SATA card.

On the reboot after the install, it fails after unpacking vmlinuz, and immediatly after 'starting udev', it fails the e2fsck of /dev/hda1.

We've looked at grub, looks good, as does /etc/fstab, so we have NDI where, or why its looking for /dev/hda1 when it should be looking for /dev/sda1.

I'm assuming this is probably a 'duh' item, but I don't have any SATA stuff, so I'm out of ideas. Whats the usual culprit for this?

--
Cheers, Gene