-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces <at> redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces <at> redhat.com]On Behalf Of Rex Dieter
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 1:32 PM
To: fedora-list <at> redhat.com
Subject: Re: FC4 or FC5

bruce wrote:
given the state of things right now.. should someone use FC4 of go ahead
and
go to FC5?
FC5.

also, can someone who's knowlegable tell me which version of RHEL is
comparable to FC4 and/or FC5?
The latest, RHEL4 is actually closest to FC3.

---------------Reply---------------

RHEL_4 is closest to FC3, and maybe 4. Their guide is - - work on CURRENT Fedora
goes into NEXT RHEL version. Centos keeps up with CURRENT RHEL, but does not
offer support, as does RedHat. As for choosing between FC4 & FC5, FC4 is more
stable, except with "Xen", the VM software. FC5 has ver_3.0 which will even let
you host MS Windows on top of Linux. Those are basically the choices you have in
that area.
- - Benster! - -
If I'm not mistaken, running windows on Xen 3.0 will require a brand new processor that have hardware support for this. As far as I know these processors haven't hit the mass market yet.

Regards
Uno Engborg