Re: [OTs] free video hardware

Marcelo Magno T Sales wrote:

I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 9000 pro (radeon 9000) and the free driver gives me only 2D acceleration. 3D is provided by MesaGL, which is extremelly slow for this card. Sometimes the closed source driver (livna packages) works, and then I get very good 3D acceleration, but most time it doesn't... :(

[]'s
Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo, it probably would be a good idea to have all open driver hardware separate from closed driver hardware, plus info about 2D and 3D (and who knows: 4D ;-)).

I wish the HCL had this info in an easily findable way. As it is constructed now, you have to browse each card to find info about the driver and its not always present.

Guus.

--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)