Re: mplayerplug-in problem (maybe ATI video driver related?)

On Tue April 18 2006 16:36, Stanton Finley wrote:

> You could try Thomas Chung's build. See the Mplayer section at
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.htm
>l. --

Was getting to try your suggestion, when I read the entry on your
page related to correctly configuring mplayer - I tried running
it from the menu and it never started. I ran it from the command
line and got:
$ mplayer
mplayer: error while loading shared
libraries: /usr/lib/ati-fglrx/libGL.so.1: cannot restore segment
prot after reloc: Permission denied

It would appear there is a permissions problem with the ATI video
driver, or something like that... Suggestions?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA