Re: SElinux

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Robert Nichols wrote:

This (blocking redirected pings) seemed bizarre to me, so I brought it up on the fedora-selinux list.

Good News: I had the resolution in about 45 minutes.

Bad News (maybe): It's apparently an actual bug. I will bugzilla later if Robert doesn't relent and do it first.

Sort-of Good News: Once it's fixed, that issue will be resolved, presumably for good.

I'm not the one experiencing the problem, so I shouldn't be filing
the bug report.  I just used it as a particularly outrageous
example, the way newpapers post stories about dogs getting
summoned for jury duty.  I must have missed the resolution.  All
I saw was the workaround: "ping ... | cat >file".  Yuck!

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.