nfs mount failed on FC4 just because I statically built all NFS functions in kernel?

Hi,

 An interesting problem with NFS on FC4. I built a
vanilla kernel 2.6.15.6 with NFS options all set to
'y', then after compilation NFS functions are all
statically built into kernel, not as loadable modules.

 But after I reboot the machine and boots up with new
kernel, the NFS function fails whining can not locate
sunrpc module!! It sucks since sunrpc is already
statically built-into kernel!

 I tried to mount NFS share on this nfs server from on
itself, but the mount operations all failed, though
rpc.mountd authenticated without problems.

 Any one know why?

[root@testnode01 ~]# /etc/init.d/nfs restart
Shutting down NFS mountd:
    [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS daemon:
    [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS quotas:
    [  OK  ]
Shutting down NFS services:
    [  OK  ]
Starting NFS services:
    [  OK  ]
Starting NFS quotas:
    [  OK  ]
Starting NFS daemon:
    [  OK  ]
Starting NFS mountd:
    [  OK  ]
Starting RPC idmapd: FATAL: Module sunrpc not found.
FATAL: Error running install command for sunrpc
[root@testnode01 ~]#

[root@testnode01 ~]# mount testnode01:/1 /mnt
mount: testnode01:/1 failed, reason given by server:
Permission denied

In /var/log/messages:
Mar 17 14:27:48 testnode01 rpc.mountd: authenticated
mount request from testnode01.example
.com:693 for /1 (/1)