Re: Problem with LVM during PXE install

On Tuesday 14 Feb 2006 00:52, Tony Dietrich wrote:
> For the first time in a long while I attempted a PXE install of FC (FC4)
> tonight

<snip>
> Tony

OK, this isn't initially a FC problem.

I had a system that when installed fell foul of the old problem where if
Windoze got to write the partition table first there were compatibility
problems.  That was an old Win/RH9 dual system.  I'd never altered the
partitions since then, and just reformatted the partitions and installed new
OS.

This time I asked it to re-partition, and it balked on the LVM format for some
reason.  Partitioning and formatting to ext3 worked, and removing those
partitions and then re-installing got LVM installed.

So I guess we can just put this one down to MSWin and RH not agreeing on the
partition table.

Tony