Re: 64 Bit Kernels On 32 Bit Installs

2006/2/14, Rejean Proulx <rejean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 19:17 -0500, Rejean Proulx wrote:
I tried installing the fc5 test package and it failed. It would not boot in
text mode (linux text). I booted it in graphic and got to the package
selection having configured all kinds of raid. It crashed when I was looking
at the details of a package, one of the server packages if I remember
correctly. I then lost most of my raid settings as the install was not
complete. Maybe I should wait for the next test release before trying such a
thing unless I get brave one day.

Hi, what MoBo / chipset / CPU are you using?

I've one machine (MSI NEO / VIA KT800 / Athlon 64 3000+) refusing to intall FC2-64 FC3-64 and FC4-64. The first installation of FC1-64 run just fine.
As for you, sha1sum / md5sum where good, I've used to install from the same DVD .... and the installer crashed every time, randomly

At least I've swapped the DVD-recorder and voilà: I've installed FC4-64 whitout problems.
The DVD-recorder is running fine in another box (Athlon k7 2600), the configuration are similar (only device as secondary master, no CS jumper), so I've not figured out the problem.

HTH

--
Alessandro Brezzi