Re: Looking for a database

On Monday 30 Jan 2006 13:21, Uno Engborg wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> The problem is that it tend to get slow, for large datasets. It is
> therefore usually
> better to just use it as a frontend to other databases.

I would think that it was quite unsuitable for large datasets - I'm not
surprised that you confirm that.  I was thinking more of personal
databases - addresses, record-collections, and so on.  Quite a
different requirement ;-)  For large datasets I would agree with
earlier posters - you need something much more powerful, mySQL or
postgreSQL

Anne