Re: basic operations

On 12/3/05, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:08, Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:
> Windows give freedom to install new programs any where, including
> default. In a way this flexibility is good if one nears full capacity
> of the partition.

How do you move the registry?

 Simply, I don't want to move registry. OK but why would I want to do that? The basic reason for relocating the programs is to be able to cope with a partition nearing full capacity.

>  Under Win, almost all programmes can be relocated some way after
> install or by re-installation. Under Linux rigid rule "not
> relocatable" is prevalent.

What does that mean in relation to files?  I've only seen it
used in terms of libraries where it means it is compiled for
static linkage.

There is no need to - disturb / play with - the basic requirements of a working OS. I would not want to move ../system32 for /usr/sbin older again he basics of the objective are clear.

--
Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx