Re: vulnerability of Linux

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
On 11/29/05, John Summerfied <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Christofer C. Bell wrote:

I've been running yum auto-update since it was introduced in Fedora
Core 3 and never had any issues.

Your lack of problems means nothing, faced with the fact that many have
had problems with FC3, including broken 2.6.11 kernels that would not
shut down (my case) or would not boot (others) because of problems with USB.

Your problems mean nothing, faced with the fact that hundreds of
thousands of people have had no problems with FC3, including stable
2.6.11 kernels that shutdown when asked (my case) or boot successfully
(others) due to the lack of problems with USB.

(Fixed for you).

It's ok that a few folks have issues, that's to be expected.

Unless you _know_ beforehand that your system won't be one that gets broken, ...

I'm not often "one of the few," but I'm alert to the possibility I may be.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait