Re: vulnerability of Linux

On 12/2/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Christofer C. Bell wrote:
>
> This thread is about to reach critical mass where people
> start calling each other Nazi.

No, just pointing out the fallacy of false correlation:

"I ran auto-update and had a problem, therefore doing auto-update is
always bad."

The conclusion doesn't follow from the observation.

Running the yum auto-updater is 100% A-OK for the vast majority of
people, and it's the recommended course to take when setting up a
Fedora system.  Sure, a small percentage of people have had an issue
with it (a small and vocal percentage here, for example).  That means
it's the wrong course for those that had an issue.

Yum auto-updates is exactly what most people should be doing.

--
Chris

"`The enemy we fight has no respect for human life or human rights.
They don't deserve our sympathy,' he said. `But this isn't about who
they are. This is about who we are. These are the values that
distinguish us from our enemies.' - Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona