Re: seek pointer to howto install disk drivers during installation

Bob Kryger writes:

I have a supermicro system with this Adaptec HostRAID (not my idea). I'm
trying to install FC3 or FC4, but they do not have drivers. I have
downloaded the drivers, but I don't know exactly how to go through the
install process.

Last time I checked, Adaptec offers binary-only drivers for some ancient versions of Red Hat Linux only.

Turn off Hostraid, use them as ordinary, garden-variety SCSI adapters, and use Linux softraid instead.

not know the exact procedure. I've googled for it, but not found
anything particularly helpful.

Go yell at Adaptec to release Hostraid as free software.