Re: Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

Thanks all for replying.

I finanlly got ultimate boot cd, and want to possibly
(1) recover partition
(2) if (1) fails, reinstall Linux only by formatting Linux partitionings
(3) if (2) fails, format the entire hard drive and install Windows XP on it.

I'd appreciate it if you can tell me which program to use and how. I am getting nervous about this...

Thanks a lot, in advance.

--peter

Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you have a floppy drive, you may be able to make a boot disk and
put the old dos commands of fdisk and format on it.

This might also be useful.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

One of the tools may be helpful.

In one of your previous posts you mentioned that PartitionMagic left
your drive in an strange state and the Linux partition full. It has
been years since I last used PM, but doesn't it allow a undo feature
to be saved? Or did you skip that step? :)