RE: network card going to sleep????

Its been a while since I used snort but I don't ever remember it causing
a problem like that.  Few more questions:

Does this problem occur when snort is disabled?

How long after its up and running does it seem to take before it goes
down again?

Do you only have one NIC plugged in and if so what type of switch are
you using to do port mirroring for Snort?

I'm wondering if there's not some sort of network or LAN issue, has this
always been like this or did it just recently start?

instead of netcat, what do you get when you type:

telnet remote.host-that.is.failing.com 22

	-Mike