Re: digital signature/certificate in open office 2.0

On 15/11/05, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

RTF is a very versitile format.  Many things can be written, not all can be
read by MSWord (or perhaps even oowriter).  You might want to see if
oowriter can read that signed .rtf file.
TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      '                              <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>

When I sign a .odt document and save it as a .rtf, then open office says document.rtf (signed) in the title bar at the top of the program. When I then close open office, then reopen it and reload the signed .rtf, there no longer is a signature. When I then try to add the signature back again, it says that the document must be saved on .odt format before it can be signed. This is an endless loop.

When I open the .rtf file in kwrite (you said rtf is simply a text file format), I get a lot of codes with lots of '\'s, some of my text, more code, some more text, more code, etc. However, there doesn't appear to be any indication that some of that code is my digital signature.

--
kwhiskers{