Real player doesn't launch from web pages.

When I go to WNYC ( www.wnyc.org ) and hit the link for their MP3 stream.  A little notification pops up saying, "You have chosen to open wnycfm.pls" and asks me if I want to open it with realplay.desktop (I installed realplayer there by accident.)  Then nothing happens.  Real player doesn't launch.  If I manually launch Realplayer and then try to launch http://www.wnyc.org/stream/wnycfm.pls manually the Real player application freezes.  I can, however, install other streams, WBUR for example.  Two questions:
  1. How do I reenable the launching of Real player from Firefox?
  2. What might keep the WNYC stream from being accepted?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/Bob Cahn
Gipsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY