Thanks, Actually I probed the option 'enable digital playback' afterwards, got the same explanation in the help file.

I also thank you about your other mail  on Autorun.desktop in KDE.

Parameshwara Bhat

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:13:00 +0530, <fedora-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:18:23 +0000
From: Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CD player Running evn after shutdown !
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

I observed a strange thing,Yesterday,when I logged out of
KDE,kscd was
running.It continued after log-out.This I had observed even
earlier. I
proceeded to shutdown the box. Surprisingly, audiocd was
playing even
after 'shutdown complete, acpi_power_off called'message was
received.

How could that happen.Any ideas?
I guess you have an audio cable from your CDROM to your
soundcard.  Once
the CDROM has been told to play in that case then the CPU is
not needed
any more to hear the sounds and for the CDROM to continue to
play.  I
guess neither your soundcard nor CDROM are interested in ACPI
power off
  A lot of things are still powered after 'power off', eg,
Network
cards that listen for magic packet, etc.
-Andy