Re: CD player Running evn after shutdown !

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:

> I observed a strange thing,Yesterday,when I logged out of KDE,kscd was
> running.It continued after log-out.This I had observed even earlier. I
> proceeded to shutdown the box. Surprisingly, audiocd was playing even
> after 'shutdown complete, acpi_power_off called'message was received.
>
> How could that happen.Any ideas?

I guess you have an audio cable from your CDROM to your soundcard.  Once
the CDROM has been told to play in that case then the CPU is not needed
any more to hear the sounds and for the CDROM to continue to play.  I
guess neither your soundcard nor CDROM are interested in ACPI power off
:-)  A lot of things are still powered after 'power off', eg, Network
cards that listen for magic packet, etc.

-Andy