Filesystems encoding for removable devices

Hi,

How do I setup the filesystem enconding that should be used by udev when mounting removable devices? I would like to configure my FC4 system to use ISO-8859-1 when mounting pen drives, card readers or similar devices, while keeping UTF-8 in fixed disks. That's because I often need to access at Windows boxes pen drives with files saved in FC boxes and vice-versa, and accented characters in file names display wrong when the device is accessed by an operating system which was not the one that saved the files there.

Thanks,

Marcelo