Re: Why Fedora ?

Derek Martin wrote:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:33:48PM -0500, Robert Locke wrote:
I've been trying to ignore this thread, but Derek,

Next time try clicking on the link that Rahul provided (before
assuming), which just to repeat was:

Well, I don't mean to be rude, but simply put, no.  If one were to
follow every link that someone posted in a thread they were
participating in, they would never leave the computer.  There would be
time for nothing else in the day.
I certainly dont expect you to read every link or response posted in this list. I agree that noone would have time for that generally but if you want to respond to something I have said, I would have expect you to read and understand what I have told. I would consider that a very fair expectation. Agreed?

If you want people to read links that you post, it would be helpful if
you provided some clue as to what information is there, and/or why you
want them to look at it.  If you don't want to do that, fine... but
you shouldn't expect that people will necessarily follow your links
either.
My reply did indicate that the link I provide was about contributing to Fedora. You assumed that my response had something to do with coding without reading the link I provided. The link said "HelpWanted" which was generic enough in my opinion.

It doesn't take a lot of effort...  if Rahul had only said, "Here's a
list of ways you can get involved without writing code:"  That would
have been enough.

You can also get involved with coding if you want to. I wouldnt want to exclude developers from participating but it is not by far the only method to contribute. I dont expect everyone feeling that things can be improved to contribute but it would make a significant difference even if say half of them does.

regards
Rahul