Re: Installing an uptodate Fedora on a 2nd machine

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 10:59 +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:

> Just to note, I've actually simply copied the /var/spool/update/ to
> the new PC and simply run up2date. It still goes to the net to check
> for new files, but didn't download the ones already in the spool
> directory.

Ah yes, I've done that too.  Though you do need to have an internet
connection working at the time to use that approach.

Now that I'm on FC4, and up2date doesn't work properly with it, I keep
forgetting about up2date tricks.  That was one thing I liked about
up2date (it using what it had, instead of downloading it again,
regardless).  I haven't got YUM to play the same trick.

I read messages from the public lists.