Re: a wizard to add a scanner

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:

Hi,

I wanted to use a scanner that I used in the old times I used another
distributions.
It works on my desktop station (Debian Testing), and i want to use it on
my notebook now (Fedora core 4).
I did not find the wizard to add a scanner, would you know where is it
(if there is one)?

PS: The scanner is an HP 2200c /USB, if some one has a similar one and
knows how to add it the fedora way...

In gnome, I did not have to do anything to configre the scanner. Kudzu finds it and just launching xsane from the console made it work. I used the 2200c on a desktop and it is attached at boot. I also tried to plug and unplug it before into the USB port. The scanner worked just by launching xsane and xsane doing its magic. If you are sing KDE, it might be different, however, when I tried it last using KDE, it worked.

What happens when you launch xsane? Is the scanner found and functional?

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.