Re: duplicate packages after up2date failure

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005, Tony Nelson wrote:

At 4:53 PM -0500 10/9/05, Damian Menscher wrote:
My guess is that the cleanest thing to do is remove the newer of each
pair from the database and then run up2date, which should upgrade
everything (fixing any old files on disk).  My proposed script for doing
this is:
Does this look reasonable to everyone, or is there a better way to
handle this problem?

I think I'd want to make sure that the old version packages were intact,
with rpm -Vv, before deleting the newer ones, just in case I might be
depending on some of them.

I didn't see the useradd issue, but in several upgrades, I've had the %postun scriptlet fail. In this case, it appears that the new RPM is installed correctly (it passes --verify) and the old one is removed--except from the databse. I would check a few, but probably the right move is to "rpm -e --justdb" the old file and then "rpm -Vv" the new one.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu