Re: NFS Mount over a Specific Interface

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 20:42 -0400, Matt Roth wrote:
> List users,
>
> I have a NIC that I would like to dedicate to an NFS mount.  After much
> reading, I can't find any mount options that let me specify the
> interface.  Mount seems to only want to use the first active NIC on the
> system.
>
> If anyone knows how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matthew Roth
> InterMedia Marketing Solutions
> Software Engineer and Systems Developer

>From what I can tell is you want an nfs client to attach to a certain
nfs server interfaces. If you have the appropriate dns/host record's you
should be able to make this happen.

server01.domain.com 1.1.1.1/24
server01-eth1.domaincom 1.1.2.1/24

client.domain.com 1.1.1.2/24
client-eth1.domain.com 1.1.1.2/24

On client.domain.com
mount server01-eth1.domain.com/exports /imports

Common mistake most people tend to do is over look impact of the routing
involved. If the client does not share a broadcast domain with the
server, you are just going to create a heap of ____.

Provide some details about your network topology with client and server
shown for a better response.

Regards,
Ted